Go For Broke National Education Center – Torrance, California
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our team. The person will be responsible for overseeing all activities relating to fundraising and community outreach, including hands on support for special events and communications activities. The position reports to the President.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with President to develop annual fundraising goals and long-term targets
- Oversee all fundraising initiatives, including annual campaign, annual fundraising dinner, membership program, major gifts, corporate and foundation relations, and planned giving
- Research, identify and cultivate major gifts prospects, and coordinate outreach through appropriate board members, staff, supporters, and volunteers
- Create new fundraising vehicles and programs
- Develop and oversee departmental budget
- Provide staff support for the Board of Director's Development Committee and its activities
Summary of Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required; Master's Degree or other professional degree preferred
- Minimum 5+ years hands-on fundraising experience including individual solicitation and major gifts development for capital and endowment campaigns
- Demonstrated skills in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts, andknowledge of planned gifts
- Experience in Moves Management, or similar donor cultivation strategy
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with a broad range of audiences, including senior corporate and foundation representatives, government officials, donors, and volunteers
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong understanding of Raiser's Edge software or similar donor management system
- Willingness to travel within California and to undertake some evening and weekend work
- Excellent collaborative leadership and team skills
- High follow-up and responsiveness
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about our mission, has strong analytical skills, is a team player, and has a sense of humor.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as a benefits package.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Go For Broke National Education Center
Attn: Human Resources
367 Van Ness Way, Suite 611
Torrance, CA 90501
Fax: (310) 222-5700
No phone calls please
The Go For Broke National Education Center was established in 1989 and built the Go For Broke Monument near Los Angeles' Civic Center as an eternal tribute to those who served in the 100th Infantry Battalion, 442nd Regimental Combat Team, Military Intelligence Service (MIS), and the many other men and women who served overseas during World War II. For more information, visit www.GoForBroke.org.