Join Our Team
Go For Broke National Education Center – Los Angeles, California
Position: Exhibit Ambassadors for Defining Courage Exhibition
Interested in volunteering at a brand new exhibition in Los Angeles' Little Tokyo? We would love to have you!
Go For Broke National Education Center (GFBNEC) features a new leading-edge educational exhibition about the Japanese American World War II experience and its relevance to our lives today. The 3,800 square foot permanent exhibition features dynamic, participatory, hands-on learning experiences. The target audience is high school and college age students. The exhibition is located in the historic Nishi Hongwanji Building in the Little Tokyo Historic District of Los Angeles. The new exhibit space is seeking volunteer Exhibit Ambassadors.
As an Exhibit Ambassador you will:
- Answer visitor questions
- Help visitors engage with the exhibits
- Be an ambassador for Go For Broke National Education Center
- Lead groups of the public on short tours from the exhibit space to the Go For Broke Monument sharing the story of the Japanese American WWII experience
- Assist with school groups
- Facilitate discussions at the Go For Broke Monument
- Interpret the Go For Broke National Education Center mission through public programming
- Be 16 or older
- Attend two training sessions offered several different times
- Commit to volunteer at least 8-hours a month for at least a four month period
Come be part of something new!
We offer a flexible schedule with an easy-to-use software to sign-up for volunteer shifts at your convenience. We offer a variety of activities for our volunteers throughout the year including a volunteer appreciation luncheon and we can verify your volunteer hours. To learn more or to sign-up to volunteer please contact Megan Keller at email@example.com or (310) 222-5710.
Thank you in advance for your support...
Please provide us with your complete contact information by checking the "Share my information..." box on payment page. This will allow us to send you a tax write-off letter for your donation.
Click here to continue