These courageous individuals fought to serve their country and to prove their patriotism so that their families and future generations could live and work freely in the United States without fear of discrimination or racial prejudice.
The black granite monument is engraved with the names of more than 16,000 Japanese American men and women who served during the war. It includes the Japanese American soldiers who served in these military units during World War II in the European, Pacific, and China-Burma-India theaters.
- 100th Infantry Battalion (Separate)
- 442nd Regimental Combat Team
- Military Intelligence Service
- 522nd Field Artillery Battalion
- 232nd Combat Engineer Company
- 1399 Engineer Construction Battalion